I was reading Varjak Paw: Outlaw and somehow (thanks Internet) managed to stumble upon this . It's a book series called Warriors and it tells about wild cat clans and their epic adventures. Kinda reminds me of Silver Fang but with cats. How awesome ist that?! The only problem is that I'm about x years too late for this. I'm too old and can't unsee the stereotypical characters, plot that's been used a million times and the fact that cats don't really do the whole clan/group/family thing... I feel so sad, 'cause I'm sure I'd have been absolutely crazy about this as a teenager.
Joensuu's library says they're getting some copies of the Finnish translation (at some point) so I might check them out but I'm not getting my hopes up. It's so bloody obvious why I'm hoarding everything that has something to do with cats. ;_; I miss my own little tiger. :( Mom's cats are great (especially Yuki, he's my favorite~) but it's just not the same.
Speaking of fan fiction, I got so upset when I saw this: Warning: Bottom!Wolverine – you know that a man with healing factor isn’t satisfied with tender kisses. If bdsm and (light) body modification aren’t your thing don’t read. Um, WHY THE HELL NOT?!?! Sure, I like a good bdsm fic just as much as the next girl (especially if it's Dai ;P) but what's with the "Oh, Logan has a healing factor so he won't get off unless he's mutilated and nearly killed" attitude? I'd imagine that he's seen, and been on the receiving end of, enough violence that a little tenderness would feel nice. I'm pretty surprised of my reaction, 'cause usually I just let people write what they want and if it's not my cup of tea, I don't read it. But now I skimmed through it and it was bad. Argh, kindom for some fluff. Actually I feel like writing something with Ironhide in his car mode. Weird, haven't been into Transformers for a while now. O.o
I downloaded the new Supernatural episode and I'm afraid to watch it. What if I don't like it and everything is BAD and HORRIBLE and Sam and Dean in trouble (no, wait. That's stupid, they always are x) and Cas is dead? O_O *worries*
No comments:
Post a Comment